Dresden meeting 1/07/09
Meeting: The Dresden village board met Wednesday, Jan. 7 for one hour and 40 minutes.
Attendance: Loujane Johns was the only board member absent. There were no members of the public present.
Discussion without action: Board member Johns has submitted her petition to run for mayor in March. That means Ron Meritt’s trustee position is open for election with no petitions. If Johns is elected mayor she will be in charge of appointing someone to fill her position as trustee for one year. Mayor Roger Wadsworth said he has sent out letters to citizens about the mayor and trustee positions that will be up for election. Village clerk Terry Dilts said the petition deadline is the end of January.
• Wadsworth reported that they still had vacancies on the planning board (one), zoning board of appeals (two) and on the county planning board (one) that needed to be filled.
• Dilts said she talked with Glenn Miller, Emergency Management director, about the village’s concerns of numbering on Firehouse Avenue. The village hall and a trailer next door share the same address.
• Three members of the Dresden Fire Department have signed up for a seminar in Geneva, Feb. 14. It will be on how to handle firefighting while short staffed.
• Fire chief Charlie Leach said a number of area fire departments will be coming to Dresden in February. He explained that they have all been going around to each other’s villages and finding out what equipment each has.
• Dilts gave the board a proposed budget to look over. Wadsworth said he wanted to approve a budget by the next meeting.
Bids/purchases over $1,000: None.
Upcoming meetings: The February board meeting will be held Wednesday, Jan. 28 at 7:30 p.m.