Meeting: The Dresden village board met Wednesday, Jan. 6 for 40 minutes. Attendance: Mayor Loujane Johns was the only board member absent. There were no members of the public in the audience. Discussion without action: Trustee David Wernsing discussed the water leak that happened on Charles Street. An agreement was reached and the village is waiting to hear from the home owners.
• Clerk Terry Dilts discussed the stray cats in the village. There may be a program set up in the spring to deal with the cats. The matter was tabled.
• Department of Public Works Superintendent John Stryker reported the lab the village uses to test water is now closed. He said arrangements have been made for testing in January. No quarterly testing was done in November or monthly testing in December.
• Stryker also reported that snow and ice removal has begun.
• The Navy is remodeling a bathroom and requested the water be turned off as they found a valve that is not working. Stryker reported some repairs will be done on the outside shut off as well by the DPW department when weather permits.
• The fire department started switching the hazmat and decontamination trailers around Tuesday.
• Brian Quackenbush, zoning/code enforcement officer, provided the board with a written report. He did seven inspections and all passed. He reported giving notices for unlicensed vehicles, but there is still one car that needs to be removed. Appointments/resignations: The board approved changing a planning board member to a zoning board of appeals member. Upcoming meetings: The next regular village board meeting will be Wednesday, Feb. 3 at 7:30 p.m.