Dresden village board 01/27/09
Meeting: The Dresden village board met Tuesday, Jan. 27 for 45 minutes.
Attendance: Trustee Loujane Johns was the only board member absent. There was no public present.
Action: The board set a public hearing for the 2009/2010 village budget April 1 from 7:30 to 8 p.m.
• Sue Morris and Elsie Good agreed to be election inspectors. The board approved them for the positions.
Discussion without action: Clerk Terry Dilts gave a report on Dell Computers. She has gotten another letter from the computer company saying that they did not follow proper procedures and full payment was not received within in 60 days. Dilts explained again that the check was sent to the wrong department and only part of payment ended up being passed on to the correct department. She added that the bank even cleared the check within the time frame. However, she said Dell is not telling her where that $771.72 has gone. A copy of the letter will be sent to the Attorney General’s office again with a letter from Dilts concerning the latest developments.
• The Census Department has contact Dilts saying that they want to make use of the village hall for 16 weeks during the summer. The board said the only problem would be if space is available on different nights when the building is in use. They also were not sure what sort of training the census wanted to do the village hall.
• Johns still has the only petition for the mayor’s position. If she is elected mayor, she will appoint someone to fill her trustee position for the remainder of the term she would have served. The deadlines for petitions have passed, but write-in nominations will also be accepted come the March election.
• John Stryker, Department of Public Works superintendent, reported that they had finished Christmas tree pickup. This year they had 20 trees.
• Stryker also reported that he is working on the village hall’s heating system, testing it and checking for leaks. All village trucks have also been inspected.
• Fire Chief Charlie Leach reported that in 2008 they had gotten 111 fire and EMS calls.
Bids/purchases over $1,000: None.
Upcoming meetings: The next regular board meeting is April 1 starting at 7:30 p.m.