Meeting: The Dresden town board met Wednesday, May 27 for one hour and 30 minutes.
Attendance: All board members were present. There were five members of the public in the audience. Action: After a public hearing, the board approved changing the maximum income eligibility levels for the real property tax exemptions concerning residents age 65 or older. The law was originally passed last year, but it turned out the Valuation Annual Income levels were incorrect.
• Former mayor Roger Wadsworth presented a new member for the fire department. Cory Sabins is transferring from Cohocton to the Dresden Fire Department. The board accepted him as a new member. Discussion without action: Fire Chief Charlie Leach said Nick Sexton has returned the fire gear he had.
• Leach said the Department of Environmental Conservation and the Federal Emergency Management Agency grants have been submitted.
• Department of Public Works Superintendent John Stryker said he has not been able to speak with someone from Ferro Corp. about their meter which needs to be inspected. Stryker added he will try to do so later this month.
• Mayor LouJane Johns and Clerk Terry Dilts attended the meeting on open meeting law by Robert Freeman.
• Dilts will attend a meeting in Penn Yan about the summer youth program. The village may have three youths working with the department of public works this summer. Upcoming meetings: The next regular board meeting will be Wednesday, July 1 at 7:30 p.m.