Meeting: Dundee Central School District board of education met for approximately 30 minutes April 2. Attendance: All board members were present. Four members of the public were in the audience. Action: Adopted the 2009-10 school budget including authorization of BOCES services in the amount $13,808,958.
• Scheduled a Meet the Candidates and budget hearing in the public meeting room at 7 p.m. on May 9.
• Adopted a new board policy on NCLB/Title I Parent Involvement. Superintendent of Schools Nancy Zimar said the policy is a required one for Title I funds and the policy is a standard one.
• Authorized the Teacher Registry to utilize teacher substitutes for teacher aides when the teacher aide substitute list is exhausted. Discussion without action: Zimar presented information about a new program; Young Entrepreneurs Academy or YEA!. The program will begin in Fall 2009.
• Heard concerns about reductions in the Family Consumer Science program from teacher Alice Roth. Bids/purchases over $1,000: Agreed to contract with Penn Yan Central School District for 20 percent speech pathology services for the 2008-09 school year not to exceed $2,904 and $10,500 for the 2009-10 school year. Appointments/resignations: Appointed Jessica Shepardson-Wood to teach in the Science tenure area, commencing April 20.
• Appointed Matthew Lillibridge to teach in the physical education and recreation tenure area commencing Sept. 1. Upcoming meetings: The next board meeting is May 14 at 7 p.m. in the public meeting room.