Dundee school board 1/12/11
Meeting: The Dundee Central School District board of education met for approximately two hours on Thursday, Jan. 12. This included a 30 minute executive session during the meeting and a second one after the meeting. Both were on personnel issues.
Attendance: All board members were present. Eight members of the public were in the audience.
Action: Approved the Memorandum of Agreement with the Civil Service Employees Association regarding 11 month employees, effective Jan. 14 through June 30, 2012.
• Approved the Construction Management Agreement Amendment with Bovis Lend lease LMB, Inc. The change was made necessary because the project time line has been extended.
Discussion without action: Heard a presentation on the Wellness Center and Physical Education Plan from physical education teacher and center Director Jennifer Hutches.
• Superintendent of schools Kathy Ring announced an indoor air quality assessment was performed. It was determined to be very good. Ring said the assessment was done before the next phase of the capital project begins.
• Business Manager Melissa Lawson presented information on a portion of the 2011-12 budget. The areas covered were Central Administration, Operations & Maintenance, Transportation and BOCES service costs. Employee benefits showed the largest increase, 9.56 percent. This is attributed to estimated pension cost and medical insurance premium increases. Two areas, operations & maintenance and transportation are expected to decrease by 2.2 percent and 3.99 percent respectively.
• Terry Campbell and the transportation department received 100 percent compliance during the 19A audit. District Lawson said the audit is performed once every three years. Ring said it really is a commendation to the department.
• Board President Joseph Capurso commended December Mega Scots Christopher Cramer, Erika Sutherland, Michael Pollack and Zakkarey Miller.
• Capurso praised elementary students who were recognized for outstanding character education traits for December. They include Olivia Thomas, Ryan Case, Timothy Lamphier, Jared Jayne, Renee Gregory, Jack Johnston, Michael Eaves, Rhianna Smith, Mya Dombroski, Kevin Kopec, Logan Thompson and Jorge Marusarz.
Appointments/resignations: Accepted the resignation of English teacher Martha Gold, effective Jan. 14.
Upcoming meetings: Thursday, Feb. 10 at 7 p.m. in the public meeting room.