Dundee woman dies in three car accident
MILO―One woman is dead and six are injured following an alcohol related motor vehicle accident along Route 14 Thursday, July 17. Passenger Roxan E. Meier, 55, of Dundee was pronounced dead at the scene. Sabrina T. Livermore, 26, of Rome was arrested for driving while intoxicated and second degree vehicular manslaughter.
The New York State Police out of Dundee investigated a three car fatal motor vehicle accident on Route 14 at Randall Crossing Road in the town of Milo. Investigation revealed a vehicle operated by Livermore was traveling in a westerly direction on Randall Crossing Road when she failed to negotiate a curve in the road. Livermore’s vehicle continued west out of a grassy area, striking the railroad tracks at Randall Crossing and entering Route 14. Livermore’s vehicle collided with a vehicle traveling north on State Route 14 being operated by Cleo C. Pollack, 63, of Dundee and a third vehicle traveling south on Route 14 being operated by Joseph Morin, 37, of Montour Falls.
• Meier was a passenger in Pollack’s vehicle and was pronounced dead at the scene.
• Pollack was transported to Strong Memorial Hospital for non-life threatening injuries.
• Morin was transported to Soldiers and Sailors Hospital in Penn Yan where he was treated and expected to be released.
• Desiree N. Butka, 24, of Rome was a passenger in Livermore’s vehicle and was transported to Strong Memorial Hospital.
• Diana R. Juliano, 21, of Rome was a passenger in Livermore’s vehicle and was transported to Robert Packer Hospital in Sayre, Pennsylvania.
• Travis R. Schewegel, 24, of Rome was also a passenger in Livermore’s vehicle and was transported to Geneva General Hospital.
The scene is still being investigated by the New York State Police Collision Reconstruction Unit. Yates County District Attorney Valerie Gardner responded to the scene. State police were assisted by the Yates County Sheriff’s Office, Dundee Fire Department, Penn Yan Fire Department, Himrod Fire Department, Penn Yan Ambulance, Schuyler Ambulance, Dundee Ambulance, and LifeNet Medical Helicopter. Livermore is to be arraigned in the Yates County court after treatment for minor injuries with a bail recommendation of $10,000 cash or $20,000 bail bond. Anyone with information or witnessing the collision is asked to call Investigator Joseph Kelly with the state police in Horseheads at 607-739-0281.
CORRECTION: The date of the accident was Thursday, July 17; not June 17.