Hammondsport school board 6/15/11
Meeting: The Hammondsport Central School Board of Education met Wednesday, July 15, for two hours and 20 minutes, plus two executive sessions totaling 50 minutes.
Attendance: All board members were present, plus an audience of eleven.
Action: Approved five-year employment agreement with Superintendent Kyle Bower, in which his salary is frozen at $113,300 for the first two years, and raises at three percent annually for the final three.
• Approved memoranda of understanding with Principal Tad Rounds, Principal Michelle Sincerbox, and Clerk Nancy Clark, by which they each voluntarily waive pay raises for the coming year.
Discussion without action: The board held a ten-minute celebration honoring outgoing board member Nancy Torp for her ten years of service.
Appointments/resignations: The following appointments were approved: Leo Stermole, Kelley Meade, Brandon Pierson, Adam Travis, Kristen Van Valkenburg, Marsha Faucett, Ami Corell (substitute) for Title I Summer Learning Program Staff, $26/hour.
• Mary White, CSE Chair, $5,000.
• Brandon Pierson, special education, $44,665.
• Jeff Wisniewski, $45,465.
• Lisa Stone, substitute caller, $2,300.
• Jonathan Lowin, athletic director, $3,961.89.
Upcoming meetings: The next regular school board meeting is Wednesday, July 13, at 6 p.m.