Meeting: Jerusalem town board met for approximately one and one quarter hours, Feb. 18. Attendance: All members of the council were present. Thirteen members of the public were in the audience. Action: Scheduled a public hearing on the proposed townhouse regulations during the March 18 town board meeting. Planning board members Annette Toaspern and Mary Coriale spoke to the board about the proposed regulations. Developers George Sproule and David Wegman attended the meeting, stating they will apply for a proposed townhouse development on west Lake Road after the regulations are adopted.
• The board voted to endorse and support the Land Use Leadership Alliance (LULA) document. Discussion without action: Residents Deb Koop and Jim Crevelling reported on plans for conservation of natural resources and renewable energy in the town. Their committee plans to update the town open space inventory as their first project and to create a plan for conservation. The committee has referenced the town Comprehensive plan for the conservation strategy.
• Resident Alice Hunt updated the board on the address committee. She said membership on the committee has been expanded and minutes of the committee meeting are being recorded.
• Subdivision committee chairman Tom Close reported the group is trying to go through the implementation phase of the proposed regulations as well as issues related to tracking.
• The wind energy committee is gathering regulations from area towns and may present that information to the planning board in the Spring.
• Engineer for the town Wayne Ackart reported there have been been water problems at seasonal properties as a result of the severe winter weather. There has been one water main break in the last month.
• A resident’s concern about the crosswalk at the Four Corners in Branchport will be addressed. Appointments/Resignations: Mary St. George was appointed to the Board of Assessment Review for a term ending Sept. 30, 2013. Upcoming meetings: March 18 at 7 p.m. in the town hall on Italy Hill Road in Branchport.