New rates are set for Village Marina slips
WATKINS GLEN—New 2010 seasonal rates for the Village Marina have been approved by the Schuyler County Legislature. Owners of the marina, the Schamel Brothers, set these new rates after talking with other states and marinas.
According to the lease agreement involving the Schamel Brothers and Schuyler County, seasonal rates are upgraded every year and have to be approved by the legislature. “These rates are set every year, but they are not always changed,” County Administrator Tim O’Hearn said.
A condition of the New York State Alienation Guide to Municipal Parks law, states that “any park fee must not be in excess of those charges for comparable facilities in the area.” Which means the Village Marina cannot make their prices undercut other local vendors, and their prices must stay within the same price ranges as competitors.
The Village Marina has 145 available slips, including short term dockage, overnight slips, pump-out and ship storage.
New 2010 summer rates are based on slip width and will cost an additional $100 for water and 20 AMP Electric Service. A 30 AMP Electric Service will cost $150.
• An eight foot slip has a $1,390 fee.
• A 10 foot slip has a $1,550 fee.
• A 12 foot slip has a $1,650 fee.
• A 14 foot slip has a $1,750 fee.
• A 16 foot slip has a $1,750 fee.
Dry dock with unlimited use of the launch ramp is now $450.
Transient dock usage up to 30 feet with 30 AMP Electric is:
• $4 per hour
• $40 per day
• $175 per week
• $600 per month
An additional $10 will be added for 50 AMP Electric.
Launch ramp fees are now:
• $4 per launch (there is no charge for tenants)
• $45 unlimited usage from Oct. 31, 2010 through March 1, 2011
Truck crane fees are:
• $65 (plus tax) per usage for tenants
• $75 (plus tax) per usage for non-tenants
Winter storage rates will now be:
• $15 per foot for boat storage at the dock. Use of a bubbler system is allowed, but electrical charges will be additionally billed.
• $10 per foot for boat storage on land. Haul in and haul out charges will also cost $5 per foot, each way.
Summer storage fees for boats on land will be $10 per foot.
A number of miscellaneous rates and charges have also been updated. If a seasonal tenant leaves their boat in the water after Oct. 30, 2010, and does not plan have the Village Marina haul their boat out or store their boat, a service charge of $5 per day until the boat is removed will be charged to the tenant.
Pump out fees will now be $5 per pump out, and tokens are available at the Village Marina Bar & Grill.
New trailer and cradle fees are $30 minimum. These charges include handling and storage of cradles and trailers, and are billed to tenants annually with winter storage.
These new 2010 summer rates will apply beginning April 15, 2010 and will continue through Oct. 30, 2010.
The Village Marina is located at 2 Seneca Harbor Drive on the Seneca Lake waterfront in Watkins Glen. For more call 607-535-7910.
Published February 16, 2010