Penn Yan school board 08/12/09
Meeting: Penn Yan Central School District board of education met for approximately one quarter hour Aug. 12.
Attendance: All board of education members were present. No members of the public were in the audience.
Action: Approved a resolution confirming the tax rolls and authorizing the revised tax levy.
• Approved the revised tax warrant.
• Approved establishment of ERS Retirement Contribution Reserve Fund 2008-09.
• Approved funding the ERS Retirement Contribution Reserve Fund in the amount $750,000.
• Approved Reserve Fund Appropriations to be transferred from the general fund balance for: tax certiorari, $300,000; unemployment, $100,000 and insurance, $100,000.
Discussion without action: LeChase Construction project manager Jim Higgins reported on progress at the Academy. Moisture content on the first floor of the west wing is still to high to install flooring. This includes seven or eight science classrooms. The window blinds are not in yet for the classrooms on the west side. Higgins said the architect will be in the building on the next three Thursdays for inspection and certification. After outlining the areas to be inspected, Higgins told the board the football program begins Monday. He said the way people will get in the building as well as parking will be mapped.
• Board members reported on recent new school board member training they had attended. James Multer Jr. said he was impressed with the program, particularly the segment on financial oversight.
• Board member Loni Terpolilli acknowledged the contribution of retired sports official Ray Ossant. She said, “I’m still inspired by his contributions in the 1980s.”
Appointments/resignations: Accepted the resignation of Teaching Assistant Marianne Trombley, effective July 31.
Upcoming meetings: Sept. 2 at 7 p.m. in the elementary school cafeteria.