Sahlen's Six Hours returns to The Glen
WATKINS GLEN—The racing action returns to Watkins Glen International this weekend with Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen.
The event runs from Friday, June 3, to Sunday, June 5. The Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge will take center stage Friday night with the Continental Tire 150 at The Glen. The main highlight of the weekend, the 30th running of the Six Hours of The Glen, is Saturday. The up-and-coming open-wheel drivers of F-2000 and F-1600 will provide the on-track action Saturday and Sunday.
The racing weekend schedule includes, on Friday:
• 4:20 to 4:35 p.m., Rolex Series DP Qualifying.
• 4:45 to 5 p.m., Rolex Series GT Qualifying.
• 6:10 to 8:40 p.m., Continental Tire Challenge Race.
• 8:15 to 8:45 a.m., 5-1600 Qualifying.
• 8:50 to 9:20 a.m., F-2000 Qualifying.
• 10:05 to 10:50 a.m., 5-1600 Race.
• 11 to 11:45 a.m., F-2000 Race.
• 1:15 to 7:15 p.m., Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen.
• 9 to 9:30 a.m., F-2000 Qualifying.
• 10 to 10:30 a.m., F-1600 Qualifying.
• 11:30 a.m. to 12 p.m., F-2000 Race.
• 12:20 to 1 p.m., F-1600 Race.
Gates open at 7 a.m. each day. Practices are also scheduled during the day on Friday and Saturday morning. Other Saturday events include Sahlen’s Fifth Annual Hotdog Eating Contest at 5 p.m., the Boy Scouts of America Pinewood Derby Race of Champions at 6 p.m., and the Saturday Night Concert from 7:30 to 9 p.m. All three of those events are at the Tiki Hut area.
The Western New York Flash women’s soccer team from Rochester will also be in attendance at The Glen this weekend. The team will serve as the grand marshals for Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen race and participate in other Saturday activities.
For more, visit http://www.theglen.com.