School board will need three new members
DUNDEE--Voters will have three seats to fill with the May school vote for the Dundee school board.
Two resignations, current President Laurie Richer and James Koehler, were announced Thursday, Feb. 8 at the Dundee school board meeting. Both said personal reasons were the reason for their departure. A third board member, Vice-President Wendy Gibson, is completing her term June 30 and will not be running for reelection, according to Superintendent Kelly Houck.
The school board election and budget vote are scheduled for Tuesday, May 15.
Houck said voters will also be asked to vote Wednesday, June 6 for a Dundee capital project. The capital plan includes replacing the school's roof, new building security and door access along with renovations for the bus garage. There will be a board presentation with details for the plan March 8.
Elementary Principal Laurie Hopkins-Halbert and high school Principal Chris Arnold reported mid-year data about their students. Arnold told the board the high school is having trouble with attendance, and Houck said it's a "daily challenge." However, there were 132 junior high and high school students making the latest term honor roll.
Several upcoming events and dates include:
• Dundee meeting to discuss the Bradford school athletic partnership, Thursday, Feb. 15, 5 p.m. in the DCS public meeting room.
• The Dundee Scottish Association fundraiser is Saturday, Feb. 17 from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at the Dundee Legion.
• There will be no school Monday, Feb. 19 through Friday, Feb. 23 for President's Day and mid-winter recess.
• The JSHS Musical will be Thursday, March 1 through Saturday, March 3 at 7 p.m. every night.
• The National Honor Society will have their blood drive Tuesday, March 6.
The next board meeting is Thursday, March 8 at 6 p.m.