Meeting: Starkey town board met for approximately one and one quarter hours July 9 preceded by a public hearing.
Attendance: All councilmen were present. No members of the public were in the audience. Action: Held a public hearing on a proposed law on reimbursement fees for certain applications. Discussion without action: Town Clerk Sue Crans said she is waiting to hear from Workforce Development on a town request for individuals to work at the town hall during the summer.
• Supervisor Richard Burcaw began a discussion of exchange about the loader the town obtained through an exchange program last year. Burcaw said it will cost the town between $3,000 and $4,000 to exchange the current machine for a new one.
• Work has been completed on two town roads through the Consolidated Highway Improvement Program (CHIPS).
• Burcaw said he had forwarded a copy of the town’s 1992 junk storage law to attorney Derek Brocklebank. Discussion followed regarding the advisability of adopting the state law that covers junk storage rather than rewriting the town law.
• Crans said the town has received quotes for replacement of the front door and for lexon to protect the stained glass window in the front of the building. A decision will be made after additional quotes are received.
• Burcaw said the town is waiting for funds from New York State Power Authority for improvements needed at the town hall.
• Burcaw announced the terms of councilmen Bill Holgate and Tim Gibson and highway superintendent Louis Seeley are up this year.
• Holgate said the change in training requirements approved at an earlier meeting applied only to the zoning board of appeals. Bids/purchases over $1,000: None Appointments/resignations: Accepted the resignation of planning board member Bruce Kendall, effective July 1 and appointed Cleo Pollack to fill the remainder of his term. Prior to Pollack’s appointment, councilman Fred Shoemaker quizzed her on her opinion of zoning. Upcoming meetings: The next board meeting is Aug. 6 at 7 p.m. in the town hall on Seneca Street in Dundee.