Meeting: The Tyrone town board met Tuesday, March 10. Attendance: All board members were present. There were 20 members of the public in the audience. Action: The board approved members of the town board and planning board to attend training sessions.
• The board approved the supervisor’s officer to purchase a laser printer and Quick Books.
• A cleaning person will be hired for four hours a month at the rate of $10 per hour. Discussion without action: Tom Bloodgood and Phil Smith, from Schuyler County, gave a presentation on the Cold War Veterans Exemption pursuant to Section 458A and 458B of the Real Property Tax Law. The board tabled the matter for further discussion.
• The lake association said the treatment of the Waneta and Lamoka Lakes would take place in early May.
• The board announced the New York State Department of Transportation would speak at the Tyrone Fire Department, May 28 at 6 p.m. regarding the replacement bridge on Route 226.
• The town’s planning board will be holding a question and answer meeting regarding the town’s subdivision law May 29 at 7 p.m. at the Tyrone Fire Department. The town will be voting the on the law June 9. Bids/purchases over $1,000: None. Appointments/resignations: The board accepted the resignation of Mary Huntley from the planning board, after 15 years of service. Upcoming meetings: The next regular board meeting is Tuesday, April 1 4 at 7 p.m.