Schuyler names Hall of Fame inductees
WATKINS GLEN--After a one year hiatus, the Schuyler County Hall of Fame has announced the selection of four new members to be preserved in the hall Thursday, Oct. 11. The induction ceremony will be from 5 to 7 p.m. at Seneca Lodge in Watkins Glen. Family and friends are invited to attend to honor these local contributors. The Brubaker family of Seneca Lodge is sponsoring the induction event with light snacks and hors d'oeuvres. A cash bar is available.
The committee has selected the following individuals for their contributions to Schuyler County:
Kathleen A. LaMoreaux
• WGCS Teacher of English (1979-2010)
• WGHS Varsity Swim Coach (1985-2002); Program Director for Summer Swim Program (1973-2018)
• WGHS Booster Club (1994-1995) and Elmira Star Gazette Girls' Coach of the Year (1998-1999)
• WGHS (2003) and Section IV (2004) Sports Hall of Fame
• I.A.C. (2003) & Top Drawer 24 (2017) Lifetime Achievement in Coaching
• Watkins-Montour Lions Club (2000-2018); President (2016-2017)
• St. James' Episcopal Church: Vestry (1982-2018) & Warden (1989-2018)
Brian J. O'Donnell
• Watkins Glen High School Grade 4 Teacher (1969-1980); Middle School Principal (1981-1988); High School Principal (1988-2003); Board of Education Member 2004-2013 (President 2009-2013); PTA Educator of the Year 1988-1989
• Paul Harris Fellow - Watkins Montour Rotary Club (1999)
• Recipient of Jefferson Award for Public Service (2013)
• Recipient of Melvin Jones Fellow - Lions Club (2013)
• Seneca Santa President (1985-1988); United Way President (1991-1993); Friends of Watkins Library President (1996-1998, 2002-2004 and 2014-2016); Northrup Educational Foundation President (2011-2013)
• Board of Trustees, Watkins Glen Public Library (2004-2013); Vice President (2011-2013)
• Board of Directors, Schuyler Hospital Foundation (1999-2000); Watkins Glen Youth Commission (1984-1985)
Judith H. Phillips
• Board of Visitors, Elmira Psychiatric Center (1985-2018); President (2018); Past Secretary
• American Red Cross Schuyler County Community Volunteer Leader (2017-2018)
• Elmira College Presidents Council (2011-2018)
• Board of Directors, League of Women Voters of Schuyler County (1988-2018); Past President; Secretary (2014-2018)
• Board of Directors, Schuyler County Community Services (1982-1993 and 2011-2018)
• Board of Trustees, Southern Tier Library Foundation (2011-2018); Past President
• Volunteer Chair of the Watkins Glen Grand Prix Festival (1993-2018)
• Board of Trustees, Watkins Glen Public Library (2002-2018); President (2018)
Georgie C. Taylor
• President of the Schuyler County Humane Society (2002-2018)
• Served as Literacy Volunteer of America (1996-2000)
• Chair of the Montour Falls Zoning Board of Appeals (2000-2015)
• Paul Harris Fellow - Watkins-Montour Rotary Club (2014)
• Recipient of Jefferson Award for Public Service (2015)
The selection of these four individuals brings Schuyler County Hall of Fame membership to a total of 44 people, dating back to the inaugural Class of 1995. Plaques honoring Hall of Fame members can be found on the walls of the first floor hallway in the county office building.
Overall sponsorship for the Schuyler County Hall of Fame is provided by Schuyler County and the Watkins Glen Area Chamber of Commerce.
Dennis Fagan, chair of the Schuyler County Legislature shares, "Schuyler County is proud to lend its assistance to the Hall of Fame and the incredible people whom it honors. The 44 Hall of Fame inductees represent the best of Schuyler County and it is truly an honor to offer our support."
Rebekah Carroll, president and CEO of the Watkins Glen Area Chamber of Commerce, "I too am deeply honored to be a small part of such an historic and touching moment in the times of Schuyler County. These individuals and their families have shaped this community, and they deserve all the recognition that comes with this induction. Congratulations!"
To RSVP for the induction, please contact Anna Rainous at the Watkins Glen Area Chamber of Commerce at 607-535-4300 or email email@example.com Oct. 8.